AWS Scripted: How to Automate the Deployment of Secure and Resilient Websites with Amazon Web Services VPC, ELB, EC2, RDS, IAM, SES and SNS
Available at all Amazon stores:
The book demonstrates a fully scripted method for launching a Secure and Resilient Website with Amazon Web Services.
- VPC – Full setup with support for Muti-AZ RDS and ModSecurity
- ELB – Full setup with SSL (self-signed or valid) and WebSockets
- EC2 – Creating a Shared Image, Linux/Apache/PHP Servers, Admin Server
- RDS – automated deployment of server and database
- IAM – Scripting IAM Users, Keys and Policies
- SES – How to send email from the Cloud with Amazon
- SNS – Implement callbacks in PHP for SES Bounce and Complaint Feeds
- Web Server Security: ModSecurity, PHP Suhosin, PHP.ini, Chrooting
- Web Server Setup: Monit, Rsyslog, ModRpaf, Curl from Chroot, iptables
- Admin Server: Centralised Logging with Rsyslog, LogAnalyzer
- Admin Server: Monit, Mmonit, PHPMyAdmin, Scheduled Tasks with Cron
- Admin Server: Admin Website Full Source Code
- PHP Website: Handling SSL, Sessions on a Multi-Server System, Session Security
- PHP Website: Secure Database Access, Hashing Passwords, Supplying Passwords Securely
- PHP Website: JS/CSS Minification, Google Recaptcha and Full Source Code
- RDS MySQL: Database Creation, User Creation, Management
- RDS MySQL: Connecting and Querying from PHP
- Java Mail Server: Forwarding Mail to SES via Java
- Remote Access: SSH to servers, Connect to Admin Consoles
- Bash Guide: Essential Tools for Automating AWS
Please visit Amazon in your Country and check out the Look Inside feature – you will get a good idea of the Contents and Style of the book.
All code is available for free Download.
The price varies slightly by country, but is about US$10.